independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 12th Dec 2018 9:13am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > No liner notes 4 me?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/11/18 3:10pm

Jerky

avatar

No liner notes 4 me?

So I’ve heard Piano & A Mic cassette thing 83 many times. I buy the CD anyways because, you know, show the love and also encourage the estate to release more stuff while his original fans are still ALIVE.

Anyway, in the CD I get no Jill Jones liner notes that everyone is raving about. I’m in my car with my wife looking at another useless piece of cardboard. She thinks it’s because I’m emotional. I wasn’t. The estate have started the releases on the wrong foot. This was a mistake.

I don’t have vinyl, don’t funking put me in the cheap seats because I’m not a hipster. Give me the liner notes someone will you?
TEN MO!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/11/18 3:35pm

NorthC

No More Candy 4 U!
I may disagree with everything you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/11/18 3:40pm

kingricefan

I believe that the liner notes were to be only included in the version that had the vinyl and cd set.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/11/18 3:54pm

Toofunkyinhere

There must be so much unreleased stuff in the vault, yet they re-release a rehearsal from a cassette tape, weird.

We're here, might as well get into it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/11/18 4:16pm

kingricefan

Exactly. They should have released the P&M '83 along with the P&M '16 to show how much Prince grew as a musician. Then get started on what's in the vault.

Toofunkyinhere said:

There must be so much unreleased stuff in the vault, yet they re-release a rehearsal from a cassette tape, weird.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/11/18 10:46pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Jerky said:

So I’ve heard Piano & A Mic cassette thing 83 many times. I buy the CD anyways because, you know, show the love and also encourage the estate to release more stuff while his original fans are still ALIVE. Anyway, in the CD I get no Jill Jones liner notes that everyone is raving about.

.

You could try reading the announcement from 7 June. It's all in there. http://prince.org/msg/7/456078

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/11/18 10:49pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

BartVanHemelen said:

Jerky said:

So I’ve heard Piano & A Mic cassette thing 83 many times. I buy the CD anyways because, you know, show the love and also encourage the estate to release more stuff while his original fans are still ALIVE. Anyway, in the CD I get no Jill Jones liner notes that everyone is raving about.

.

You could try reading the announcement from 7 June. It's all in there. http://prince.org/msg/7/456078


yeahthat and on that note lock dupe

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > No liner notes 4 me?