independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 3rd Apr 2020 11:19pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LE GRIND question.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/29/20 5:43pm

mydrawers

avatar

LE GRIND question.

Hello. When I listen to the song "Le Grind" (Black Album), I hear this mysterious voice in the background speaking things before the first verse starts. I cannot understand what these things are.

Does anybody know what this mysterious voice is saying?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/29/20 5:48pm

drfeld

So you found me

Good, I'm glad

This is Prince, the cool of cools

Some of you may not know this,

But some of you may know

Some of you may not want to know

We are here to do service

Please don't try to stop us

For we come regardless

For we are strong as we are intelligent

So come vibe with us,

Welcome to the Funk Bible

The new testament

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/29/20 6:02pm

mydrawers

avatar

drfeld said:

So you found me

Good, I'm glad

This is Prince, the cool of cools

Some of you may not know this,

But some of you may know

Some of you may not want to know

We are here to do service

Please don't try to stop us

For we come regardless

For we are strong as we are intelligent

So come vibe with us,

Welcome to the Funk Bible

The new testament

WOAH DUDE, that's deep. Thanks brother.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/29/20 7:33pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

mydrawers said:

Hello. When I listen to the song "Le Grind" (Black Album), I hear this mysterious voice in the background speaking things before the first verse starts. I cannot understand what these things are.

Does anybody know what this mysterious voice is saying?


https://web.archive.org/w...black.html

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/30/20 6:02pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

Ironically one of the 8 known sealed original copies of the Black Album is now for sale at $38K .... approx $4K less than the last one to sell. eek

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/30/20 9:01pm

222

mydrawers said:

drfeld said:

So you found me

Good, I'm glad

This is Prince, the cool of cools

Some of you may not know this,

But some of you may know

Some of you may not want to know

We are here to do service

Please don't try to stop us

For we come regardless

For we are strong as we are intelligent

So come vibe with us,

Welcome to the Funk Bible

The new testament

WOAH DUDE, that's deep. Thanks brother.

Black Album was not going to have Prince's name on it. So you were supposed to buy it not knowing for sure if it was Prince (same with Camille album), and this would be one way of figuring it out.

He seemed to be fascinated with releasing a "secret album" at the time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/03/20 2:49pm

jfenster

all the girls all the boys ..and all u others??? who r the others???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/04/20 4:30am

jdcxc

Pokeno4Money said:

Ironically one of the 8 known sealed original copies of the Black Album is now for sale at $38K .... approx $4K less than the last one to sell. eek




Weren’t there boxes of legit Black albums that avoided destruction and hit the underground market?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/04/20 6:48am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

jfenster said:

all the girls all the boys ..and all u others??? who r the others???

the others are people not in the band

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/04/20 11:56am

FunkiestOne

avatar

222 said:

mydrawers said:

WOAH DUDE, that's deep. Thanks brother.

Black Album was not going to have Prince's name on it. So you were supposed to buy it not knowing for sure if it was Prince (same with Camille album), and this would be one way of figuring it out.

He seemed to be fascinated with releasing a "secret album" at the time.

.

Or aother way to figure it out would be to start playing it and recogizing Prince's voice.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/04/20 12:01pm

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

drfeld said:

So you found me


Good, I'm glad


This is Prince, the cool of cools


Some of you may not know this,


But some of you may know


Some of you may not want to know


We are here to do service


Please don't try to stop us


For we come regardless


For we are strong as we are intelligent


So come vibe with us,


Welcome to the Funk Bible


The new testament




So we don’t think it might be “coup of coups?”
"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/04/20 1:13pm

SantanaMaitrey
a

jfenster said:

all the girls all the boys ..and all u others??? who r the others???


It just wouldn't be a Prince album if it didn't have an androgynous feel to it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/04/20 1:17pm

jfenster

SantanaMaitreya said:

jfenster said:

all the girls all the boys ..and all u others??? who r the others???

It just wouldn't be a Prince album if it didn't have an androgynous feel to it.

draggers??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/04/20 3:49pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

jdcxc said:

Pokeno4Money said:

Ironically one of the 8 known sealed original copies of the Black Album is now for sale at $38K .... approx $4K less than the last one to sell. eek

Weren’t there boxes of legit Black albums that avoided destruction and hit the underground market?


There were only 8 sealed original US pressing copies.


One sold in 2015 by music memorabilia dealer Record Mecca in California

In 2016 a former Warner Brothers employee discovered a box that contained an additional five copies that were sent to him as sample records, bringing the total known to eight.

Four of those copies were sold shortly thereafter with the 5th copy selling at a Prince memorabilia auction in 2018 for $42,298.

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LE GRIND question.